Webcast Recap: 6/23 Next-Generation Security: Cisco & Splunk Integration
Posted by Force 3 | June 29, 2015
On June 23 Force 3 hosted a webcast to demonstrate the value of integrating Splunk’s Operational Intelligence technology with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE). The webcast featured a demo of Splunk’s analytics dashboard Chris Crider, Sr. Technical Consultant with Force 3. Following the demo, Chris was joined by the three other panelists, including Greg Kushto, Director of Security, Force 3; Peter Romness, Cyber Security Team Lead, Cisco; and Jeff Aboud, Sr. Security Marketing Manager, Splunk.
In the roundtable discussion, the panelists addressed a variety of issues agencies are facing with breaches, hacks and other security threats. The group discussed the process of sifting through security data and security event information to discover holes, threats and vulnerabilities to better patch and protect their networks. This conversation sparked commentary on the advantages to using Splunk’s analytics technology as complement to Cisco’s ISE, to better manage a network’s security posture.
Key Discussion Points Included:
- Challenges of using port security in today’s IT environment and how Splunk helps overcome these challenges
- How to better utilize analytics tools to improve security posture
- Ways to improve cybersecurity information sharing, inside and outside IT
- Advantages of pairing Splunk and ISE together
- How Splunk communicates with the network
- Security solutions that communicate using pxGrid technology
- More . . .
Click the download button below for the full audio file of the webcast:
How can we help your agency achieve its mission?
Maximize your IT investments. Learn more about solutions and services from Force 3.