Business Advantages of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.5
In today’s fast-paced, ever-changing business climate, in order to ensure optimal efficiency and workflow, you are forced to rely on several different business tools that must:
- Allow you to securely reach beyond your organizational boundaries
- Accelerate the decision-making process
- Reduce operating expenses
- Empower your mobile and remote employees
- Increase employee engagement
Cisco’s Unified Communications (UC) delivers all of these benefits and more – in one tool – providing a powerful UC platform for your organization.
IP Telephony platforms, like those powered by Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 10.5, are the foundations upon which an organizations collaboration efforts are laid. Building upon that foundation by seamlessly layering on applications like video, desktop collaboration and remote mobile access can allow your organization to leverage the latent power of your communications infrastructure.
How can your organization utilize the power of a CUCM 10.5 based UC solution?
- Enable Mobile Workers with BYOD
– Empower your employees by securely extending the power of your network and communications infrastructure to increase productivity and sense of engagement.
– Over 75% of organizations that implement BYOD strategies report increased employee responsiveness and decision-making. (Forrester)
- Collaborate with External Shareholders
– Eliminate organizational boundaries and enable collaboration with partner organizations using highly secure voice, video, and file sharing.
– About two-thirds of employees say that they must manage stakeholders outside their organization to perform their work. (Corporate Executive Board)
– About a third of organizations are developing mobility strategies and policies to support communications with partners and suppliers. (Forrester)
- Collaborate from inside Business Applications
– Utilize Cisco’s open APIs to access collaboration and conferencing capabilities directly within the applications you use today such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce, leading to less distraction and increased productivity.
– The third most common workplace distraction affecting worker productivity is toggling between applications. (Harmon.ie)
- Consolidate Infrastructure
– The convergence of voice, video, and data on a single IP network allows for simplified management and drives lower costs.
– More than 60% of large organizations cite increased productivity as a benefit of consolidation, according to IDC.
– Cisco’s converged architecture delivers an average or 13 percent lower TCO than competing solutions.
- Deliver Online Training and events to Employees and Partners
– Advanced UC capabilities allow your organization to host and record live meetings, events, and training sessions for your employees, partners, and customers.
– Less than 10% of companies feel that they have “excellent” programs to build global skills and experiences. (Deloitte University Press)
– Studies have shown that video training increased employee productivity by 4 percent as well as reducing voluntary turnover by almost 8% over a one year period year. (Aberdeen)
- Enhance the Power of Telephony with Video
– Cisco endpoints make video as simple as a traditional voice call.
– Over 50% of video-conferencing users report that it accelerates the decision-making process. (Frost and Sullivan)
– Over 85% of remote users report that they feel more connected with their teams when they have access to video-conferencing. (GigaOm)
Whatever legacy telephony platform your organization is on, there is a path to the benefits that an advanced UC solution powered by Cisco Unified Communication Manager 10.5 can bring to your organization.
Contribution by Rob Dawson, Force 3 Solutions Architect. Rob can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org/bluetext/force3. Click here to learn more about Force 3’s Collaboration solutions.
How can we help your agency achieve its mission?
Maximize your IT investments. Learn more about solutions and services from Force 3.